Liquid Superior Mark is a hybrid Nano Lithium traffic marking & safety paint. This water-based lithium-silicate formulation is designed for use as traffic, lane and warehouse marker paint for concrete, asphalt and masonry. Liquid Superior Mark is low in VOCs (less than 50 grams per liter), making it very environmentally friendly and has a very low polymer/ ammonia odor. Liquid Superior Mark dries to a very hard, colored semi-gloss / matte finish depending on surface porosity and the amount of product applied. This rapid curing, non-yellowing treatment provides long-lasting surface protection and easy maintenance.
- Viscous liquid, various colors
- Shelf Life 6 months in factory sealed container
- Total Solids 33-37 percent
- Active Ingredients 100 percent of total solids
- Specific Gravity 1.15 - 1.17
- pH 11.2 - 12.2
- Flash Point N/A
- VOC Content 50<gms/L
- Freeze Point 32 degrees F (0 degree)
- Abrasion resistance excellent
- Depth of surface penetration 2 -8 mm (non-pigment chemistry)
- Liquid Superior Mark can be used for marking interior and exterior curbing and lanes on driveways, sidewalks, factory floors, parking lots and airport runways
- Fast Curing: Minimizes facility downtime. Can handle traffic in hours not days.
- Safe: No noxious fumes, odors or vapors, also non-flammable.
- Reaction: More stable than those caused by volatile conventional silicates, allowing the material to penetrate and react more evenly throughout the concrete for superior hardening, sealing, densification and protection.
- High Performance: Passes ASTM D- 870 for blistering, adhesion, and discoloration. Passes ASTM D-2795 for gasoline and motor oil resistance. Excellent abrasion resistance ASTM D-4060. LEED® Certified - Meets EQ Credit 4.1 for low emitting materials/adhesives & sealants
- Environmentally Friendly: Solvent free with very low VOCs
- Liquid Superior Mark is a single component product. Prior to use mechanically stir product
- Read Material Safety Data Sheet before using
- Keep out of reach of children
- Protect from freezing
- Wear safety glasses and rubber gloves
- Do not apply to soft metals
- Do not apply to glass
PREPARATION AND INSTALLATION:
- Liquid Superior Mark should be applied by sprayer or roller. Apply at approximately 400-550 sq. ft. per gallon on steel troweled and 250-350 sq. ft per gallon on broom finish. Coverage rate will vary depending on surface porosity.
- Concrete must be clean, structurally sound and free of wax, dirt, coatings and paint, curing compounds, and petrochemicals. Random cracks, damaged control joints, and new construction joints should be properly prepared. Concrete laitance should be removed. Air-blast or vacuum concrete dust prior to installing Liquid Superior Mark. Shelf Life- 6 months, in original, unopened factory containers, under normal storage conditions
of 55 degrees F to 95 degrees F.
- The company will refund the price of or replace, at its election, product it finds to be defective provided the product has been used properly. Except as expressly stated above, the Company makes no warranty of merchantability and no warranty of fitness for any particular purpose, nor does it make any warranty, expressed or implied, of any nature whatsoever with respect to the product or its use. In no event shall the company be liable for delay caused by defects, for loss of use, for indirect, special or consequential damages, or for any charges or expenses of any nature incurred without its written consent.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Liquid Superior Mark Line Striping Paint:
Q: What is the drying time for Superior Mark paint?
A: We recommend 30 minutes for pedestrian traffic and 3 hours for vehicle traffic. In general the paint will dries in about an hour.
Q: Do I need to acid etch the floor before applying the paint?
A:We recommend a very light etch, and then make sure to clean the floor extremely well. Concrete must be clean, structurally sound and free of wax, dirt, coatings and paint, curing compounds, and petrochemicals. Random cracks, damaged control joints, and new construction joints should be properly prepared. Concrete laitance should be removed. Airâ€Âblast or vacuum concrete dust prior to installing Liquid Superior Mark™.
Q:What temperature does the floor need to be for applying the paint?
A: Ideally the temperature needs to be in the range of 55 to 95 degrees Farenheit.