Our Superior Mark® Floor Marking Carpet Tape is the most durable option for use on low-pile carpet. By partnering the durability and strength of our Superior Mark® Floor Marking Tape and a hook & loop fastener backing, we've created the perfect reusable tape for carpeted offices, municipal buildings, and schools. This floor tape comes in a wide spectrum of colors, can be customized with words and graphics to provide easy to understand visual cues, and removes without damaging carpets or leaving residue behind.
The Best Floor Tape for Carpets
Floor marking tape improves safety and visual communication in warehouses and industrial facilities but what floor tape works on carpet? Superior Mark® Carpet Tape is the best option for areas where adhesive tape can’t be used—it applies easily, is durable, can withstand daily foot traffic, doesn’t peel or flake away, and removes without leaving damage behind. With options for custom-printed messages or graphics, this is the best floor marking tape for carpeted floors.
Our Superior Mark® Carpet Tape is constructed to last:
- Rugged PVC (vinyl) surface is easy-to-clean and resists dirt
- 32 mils thick with beveled edges for durability
- Hook & Loop backing sticks securely, removes easily, and is re-usable
- 100-foot rolls are available in 2- or 4-inch widths
- Pre-cut options include arrows, footprints, and corner markers
Where to Use Carpet Tape
- Municipal Buildings: Carpet tape is helpful for directing foot traffic, indicating queuing requirements, and providing instructions in waiting areas.
- Offices: Designate work areas, use for staging purposes when re-arranging, or create organized storage areas.
- Hallways: Provide clear directional cues in hallways and throughout the building with guiding lines, dashes, or arrows.
- Public Transportation Facilities: Create visual cues for check-in processes, one-way traveled lanes, waiting areas, and important travel instructions.
- Schools: Carpet tape is popular for marking classroom floors—it's a favorite among instructors for keeping their classrooms organized, designating line-up areas, and creating places for play.
Like our floor tape that withstands forklifts dragging heavy pallets over it, our carpet tape is strong and durable enough for use in any high-traffic area. The hook-and-loop-backed tape holds tight on carpeted floors and removes without leaving sticky residue or damage behind.
Use colored lines, shapes, and signs, or create custom-printed carpet tape that meets your facility’s specific needs. For the clearest visual instructions, use a combination of color, graphics, and text to aid in navigation or share important information. Use our custom floor tape tool to create carpet tape to suit your needs. Test carpet tape application, wear resistance, and removal with a free floor marking sample pack.
Resources and Videos
Explore these floor tape how-to guides and blog posts from our Resource Center.