Get this permanent floor tape primer to properly condition your floors prior to applying tape, and get long-lasting durability.
This is a permanent floor tape primer to be used when installing Superior Mark® Floor Tape. Choose between "Removable" or "Permanent". The primer comes in 5 Gallon Pails.
- This primer can be applied by roller brush or by spraying. Be sure to thoroughly clean the surface before applying the primer.
- Apply an adequate amount of primer to completely cover and seal the surface. May be used on concrete or asphalt surfaces.
- The approximate usage rate is 50-100 square feet per gallon, and will depend on the surface and other external conditions. The primer should extend a minimum of at least 1 inch beyond the outlined area.
- Allow the primer to dry until it will not transfer to your hand when touched. Normal drying time is about 10 minutes (assuming the air temperature is 70 degrees F). It is very important to wait until the primer dries to prevent the tape from sliding after application.
- Tamping is a crucial step. Be sure to use a tamper cart with a minimum of 200 lb. load, or drive over the tape with a vehicle tire at 2-3 mph. Avoid twisting or turning the tamper roller (or vehicle wheel) during tamping. Make sure the roller (or vehicle wheel) extends beyond both edges of the tape, to securely bond the tape to the surface.
- The area may be opened to traffic immediately after tamping.
- Please call for more information.
Note: Floor tape primer cannot be returned due to the nature of the product. Primer only ships via ground shipping and only within the continental United States. Expedited shipping by air is not available.
Superior Mark® Patent No. 8,883,290 and Patent No. 10,214,664.