Black Pavement Tape
This temporary heavy-duty non-metallic pavement tape installs quickly and easily over existing marking, making a flat profile and eliminates costly removal of permanent road markings. The non-reflective, matte black color blends with asphalt surfaces providing an effective mask day or night. The pre-applied, pressure-sensitive adhesive extends the application season typically shortened by marginal weather conditions. Can be used as an anti-skid tape when traction is needed in a wet environment.
Quick and easy installation: simply prepare the surface, apply the tape, and tamp in place. When the job is completed the reinforced fabric backing makes removal easy. Marked roadways can be opened to traffic immediately.
Easy 4 Step Installation
- APPLY TAPE
- Provides a maximum service period of 12 months
- Outperforms other masking tapes
- Anti-skid particles provide long lasting wear and color stability
- Flexible rubber base contains additional anti-skid particles for long term durability
- Reinforcing fabric aids in removal process
- Superior pressure sensitive adhesive bonds to road surface through hot and cold weather conditions
Larger widths and lengths are available, please call for more details.
- Composition: Black Pavement Tapes consist of a pre-applied, pressure sensitive adhesive with high quality polymeric materials and pigments.
- Removability: These tapes are removable from asphalt or concrete intact or in large pieces at temperatures above 40 degrees F (5 degrees C) without the use of heat, solvents, grinding or blasting.
- Applicability to Pavement Services: Tape shall be applied to clean and dry surfaces in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. Ambient temperatures, 24 hours before and after, of 40 degrees F (5 degrees C) and rising. See Manufacturer's Application Instructions included in each box.
- Skid Resistance: Will have an initial minimum skid resistance value of 50 BPN.