Extended Life Highway Tape provides exceptional durability in the most demanding traffic conditions. Recommended for longitudinal and transverse application in high traffic areas. The highly retroreflective tape offers superior visibility under all lighting conditions. Extra thick 90 mil. (2.29mm) thick composite resists wear and provides extended life over standard highway markings. Superior adhesive system minimizes tape movement in hot and cold climates. The Extended Life Highway Tape adhesive system extends the application season typically shortened by marginal weather conditions.
- Heavy grade tape
- Ideal for hot and cold climates
- 90 mil thickness
- Glass beads and optional anti-skid embedded into a lead free polymeric paint yield high reflectivity and resistance to wear
- Flexible rubber base contains additional glass beads for long term reflectivity
- Superior pressure-sensitive adhesive bonds permanently to road surface through hot and cold weather conditions.
- Composition: All Extended Life Highway Tapes consist of a pre-applied, pressure sensitive adhesive with high quality polymeric materials, pigments and glass beads assuring long term retroreflectivity.
- Applicability to Pavement Surfaces: Ambient temperatures, 24 hours before and after, of 60 degrees and rising. See Manufacturer's Application Instructions included in each box.
- Adhesion: Extended Life Highway Tape will adhere to asphalt or portland cement concrete roadway surfaces when applied according to the manufacturer's recommended procedures.
- Pigmentation: Extended Life Highway Tape pigments are selected and blended to provide a marking tape in white or yellow conforming to standard highway colors.
- Skid Resistance: Extended Life Highway Tapes will have an initial minimum skid resistance value of 55 BPN when tested.
- Extended Life Highway Tape, when applied according to the manufacturer's recommendations, shall provide a minimum service period of 24 - 36 months in light to heavy traffic volume.
- In snow removal areas, plowing may shorten tape's life cycle.