Pavement marking characters are an easy way to mark asphalt or concrete with highly visible, non-fade letters or numbers. Made from a durable rubber material, these characters can be adhered to the pavement using primer (sold separately).
Our pavement marking letters are available in two sizes: 4' height or 8' height. Pavement marking numbers are available in 8' size only. Characters are 16" wide.
Choose between our three different grades of material: Removable, Durable Grade, and Extended Life. Please type in your choice of character in the comments at checkout. Choose between letters A-Z or numbers 0-9. If ordering multiple characters, first select the quantity of characters that you would like to order, then type in your characters of choice into the comments field at checkout.
- Air and surface temperature must be 50 degrees F (10 degrees C).
- SURFACE MUST BE COMPLETELY DRY. Surface must be clean and free of any contaminants which may include but not limited to oils, grease, sand, dirt, dust, loose aggregate, curing compound, mud, soil and salt.
- If concrete is less than 45 days old, or has never been opened to traffic, the curing compound must be completely removed by pressure washing, sandblasting, or grinding the surface.
- Do not apply product directly on seams, joints, deteriorating markings or substrates. Tapes applied directly over seams and joints must be cut through 1" on both sides of the joints or seams to prevent de-bonding of the tape.
- ALWAYS USE BUTT SPLICES.
- Firmly tamp the product in the same direction as it was applied on the initial pass. A minimum of three passes total. Use a tamper device with a minimum 200 lb. (90kg) load and a tamping surface a minimum 2" wider than the width of tape being applied. Never twist the tampering device during tamping. Repeat tamping as necessary to insure tape has completely conformed to the surface.
- All users should test a small piece of product for satisfactory adhesion prior to installing large portions.