Advanced engineering has made the Reflexite retroreflective conspicuity tape the best heavy duty reflective tape on the market. This special material is made from microprism (cube corner) reflective elements that are bonded to a smooth, flexible, UV-stabilized and weather resistant polymeric film. A vacuum deposition of aluminum is used to coat the prism surfaces, resulting in a mirror surface on the prism facets. The Reflexite prism tape is a maximum of 0.08 millimeters in thickness and it has a high-tack pressure-sensitive adhesive backing. See the full line of Stop-Painting.com reflective tapes.
Options and sizes:
- 5 or 10 year warranty
- 6 in (red) / 6 in (white) alternating pattern
- 11 in (red) / 7 in (white) alternating pattern
- Solid roll or kiss/cut (tape is spliced but not the liner after every red/white pattern).
- Roll sizes: 1 in (25mm) x 150 ft, 1.5 in (38mm) x 150 ft, 2 in (50mm) x 150 ft, 3 in (75mm) x 150 ft,
4 in (100mm) x 150 ft, 6 in (150mm) x 150 ft.
Application: Reflexite retroreflective conspicuity material is a tough weather and solvent resistant product designed for rugged outdoor use on the sides and rear of trucks, trailers, automobiles, and emergency vehicles to enhance safety on the roadway by improving their visibility. NOTE: NHTSA conspicuity regulations (effective 12/1/93) mandates that all new trailers - 10,000 lbs GVW and 80 inches wide or larger, must be reflectorized with alternating red and white retroreflective sheeting on the sides, bottom of rear door, and ICC bar; and two pieces of white sheeting on the upper corners of the rear. Application temperature should be a minimum of 50 degrees F.
Features and benefits:
- Durability: 5-year or 10-year warranty. Withstands brushing off of dirt and grime, and high pressure washing. Polyester based film resists cracking and lifting. Will retain reflectivity even after impact against loading dock or abrasion by chains.
- Unique, single-ply construction ensures impact and abrasion resistance and easy application.
- 0.08 inch thickness resists dirt accumulation typical of competitor's thicker (0.025 in), open-cell construction. Material is extremely thin so there are no raised edges that can catch and tear.
- Unlike competing conspicuity materials, Reflexite conspicuity material features 100 per-cent adhesion, with no grid lines that can fill with water and cause premature adhesive failure.
- Super-high brightness and wide angularity - 10 year pattern. Typically 1000 candlepower with tremendous long sight distanceperformance, reflects at all applicable angles on the roadway.
Specification compliance: ASTM D4956, LS300C, FP92, ASTM D523, ASTM E810, NHTSA 49 CFR- part 571, DOT-C2, FMVSS 108.